Summer’s is on its way—is your body ready? If you want a perfect bikini body by summer, now’s the time to start thinking about liposuction. Call Total Body today and discuss your options.
We offer laser liposuction, a laser-assisted type of liposuction called Lipotherme. A Total Body staff and patient favorite, this treatment have many advantages over traditional liposuction. If you’re thinking about lipo, keep reading to discover the differences between laser and traditional lipo. We can help you enjoy stunning liposuction results with shorter downtime. Call and schedule your appointment today!
What Is Laser Liposuction?
Laser liposuction uses heat to liquefy fat cells and gentle suction to permanently remove them. The heat used to liquefy the fat also has a skin tightening benefit. During the procedure, we make a small incision in the treatment area, through which we insert a small cannula (tube). A laser beam liquefies the fat and then the fat cells are suctioned out of the body. The incision is then sutured closed.
Laser liposuction has many benefits over traditional liposuction, including:
- Shorter Recovery Time- Some people return to work the very next day. Most patients return to work/regular activities after about 48 hours and avoid strenuous activities for about a week. With traditional liposuction, downtimes of 1-2 weeks are common.
- Smaller Incisions– The incisions for laser liposuction are very small for minimal to no scarring.
- Less Pain/Bruising/Soreness- Pain, bruising, and soreness are much less with laser liposuction. Patients who experience these symptoms usually describe them as minimal, and they typically resolve in just a couple of days.
- Skin Tightening- The heat used to liquefy the fat cells has a skin tightening benefit. Laser liposuction is an excellent treatment option for areas with loose skin in addition to excess fat.
- Minimally Invasive- Unlike liposuction, Lipotherme is a minimally invasive procedure. It is safe, effective, and FDA approved.
Why Should I Come to Total Body for My Laser Liposuction Treatment?
If you’re thinking about body contouring, come into Total Body for your laser lipo treatment. Dr. Watkins is a board-certified physician with specialized training in laser liposuction. He’ll help you achieve the body you’ve always wanted. Call and schedule your treatment today!