All Calories Are Not Created Equal
Total Body Atlanta created this infographic to help patients understand calories and the inequalities of calories in certain types of foods. Calories are essential in our daily lives, so it is important to understand what they are and how they work.
Fast Facts About Calories
- A calorie is a measurable unit of energy.
- The human body requires calories to be healthy.
- Calories are obtained through eating and drinking.
- Calories are burned through physical activity.
Types of Calories
- Protein – such as meat and fish.
- Carbohydrates – such as bread and pasta.
- Fat – such as cheese and avocado.
- Alcohol – such as beer and wine.
- 100 calories of candy is not equal to 100 calories of vegetables.
- One is full of processed ingredients with no nutritional value.
- The other is full of water, vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.